We have developed a new short course on Agile Software Engineering as part of the Office for Students’ HE Short Course Trial.
The course has beeen created from 4 existing undergraduate course units covering a range of topics in software engineering. It is designed to meet the same learning outcomes, but adapted for flexible delivery, to allow learners to tailor their study to fit their availability and other commitments.
As well as developing and delivering the course, we have been gathering data on the process of creating short courses from existing UG course units, with the aim of providing guidance to other academics attempting the same transformation in different areas.
The project runs from December 2021, with the first run of the short course expected to start in March 2023 and to run until (at least) August 2023.
The course website contains the most up-to-date information on the course.
- Suzanne M. Embury – Academic Lead
- Anas Elhag – Academic Contributor
- Fardeen Mackenzie – Research Associate in Flexible Learning Design for Software Engineering
- Dario Panada – Research Associate in Automated Feedback Tools for Software Engineering
- Ben Possible – Research Assistant in Student Experience Design for Learning Software Engineering
- Declan Kehoe – Research Assistant in Flexible Learning Design for Software Engineering
We are grateful for input from the following companies:
If you are a company that employs software engineers and are interested to work with us in developing a relevant and up-to-date short course, or in providing mentoring support or helping us deliver certain topics, please get in touch.
If you would like more information about the short course, or the process we are using to develop it, please contact the Academic Lead by e-mail at email@example.com.